Welcome to the ViEWER
What is ViEWER?
ViEWER is a Virtual Environment
Workbench for Education and Research.
ViEWER is Microsoft Windows application
built upon the ViEWER library . ViEWER
allows anyone with basic computer skills (i.e. able to use Windows applications)
to develop virtual displays for a variety of research applications.
ViEWER 2.25 currently supports these
- Development and layout of a variety of virtual environments, from
abstract point displays like those used in vision research to high-fidelity
flight-simulator environments that use scene effects like fog and texture
- Precise measurement of human performance, including both discrete
responses such two-alternative-forced-choices and continuous joystick inputs.
- Definition of external disturbances.
- Use of 3ds defined objects, including
those with textures
- scripting of object movements based on
- scalability to control a simulation on
up to 5 dedicated graphics client workstations, each capable of controlling
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/7 based graphics workstation (Intel
Pentium IV 256MB RAM
main memory and OpenGL-compatible 3D Video Graphics Adapter with a minimum
of 8MB VRAM recommended)
Download ViEWER x86 v2.25 (32-bit) now!
ViEWER Manual (in