Funded Grant Proposals (Total: $1,681,758)
- 2022, As PI: “Development of Idaho-Sourced Rare Earth Elements Drilling and Extraction,” IGEM, Idaho Dept. of Commerce (Supplemental), $92,177.
- 2022, As PI: “Development of Idaho-Sourced Rare Earth Elements Drilling and Extraction,” IGEM, Idaho Dept. of Commerce, $348,241 (total $1,453,241). (Yahoo Finance Link)
- 2021, As PI: “Carbonized Biomass Production and Characterization for Water Treatment System Across Aquaculture Facilities in Hagerman Valley,” United States Geological Survey Section 104(b) grant, $18,004.
- 2020, As PI: “Engineered, Porous-Structured Biochar for Removing Phosphorus in Water: Production, Characterization, And Sustainable Treatment,” United States Geological Survey Section 104(b) grant, $44,922.(link)
- 2019, As Co-PI: “Biochar Meta-Analysis,” Idaho State University, $5,763.
- 2019, As PI: “ORED RISE Spring 2019 Meet Your Sponsor Grant Program,” University of Idaho, $1,500.
- 2018, As Co-PI: “Developing Collaborative Partnerships Grant Competition for Manure-based Biochar Production and Sustainability Analysis: Soil-Plant Improvement,” Idaho State University, $49,958.
- 2016, As Co-PI: “An Educational Module for Sustainable Additive Manufacturing,” NSF-funded Sustainable Manufacturing Advances in Research and Technology, $6,000.
- 2020, As PI: “Multi-Level Chemical Fractionation Scheme to Enable In-Depth Characterization of Bio-Oil and Biochar,” National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (MagLab), free bio-oil and biochar characterization with Fourier Transform Ion Cyclotron Resonance (FT-ICR).
- 2017-Present, Educational support from Idaho National Laboratory, Micron, or other Idaho organizations or companies for 7 graduate students.
- 2017, As PI: “Mixed Fast and Slow Pyrolysis for High Quality Bio-oil and Biochar Production,” University of Idaho, College of Engineering, $150,000.
Sponsors and Collaborators
- Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM)-Commerce
- Aquaculture Research Institute (ARI)
- Idaho Water Resources Research Institute (IWRRI)
- Idaho Geological Survey (IGS)
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- University of Idaho Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED)
- Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES)
- National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (MagLab)
- Idaho National Laboratory (INL)
- College of Eastern Idaho (CEI)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Idaho Strategic Resources (IDR)
- Riverence Provisions LLC